School Advisory Council
The Advisory Council is comprised of parents and parish community members (including the Parish Priest). Their role is to actively contribute to and enrich both the Catholic ethos and informed, proper governance of the school.
The Advisory Council:
- Acts as a support and ‘sounding board’ for the Principal
- As required, advises the Principal regarding school financial matters, such as financial performance against budget
- Provides panel membership on Principal appoint recommendations, in accordance with Catholic Education Commission WA Policy
- Provides planning and development advice to the Principal on meeting the present and future needs of the school’s students
- Disseminates information within the school community
2024 School Advisory Council:
- Holly Carna (Council Chair)
- TBA (Treasurer)
- Bec Hillier
- Skye Morecombe
- Lee Fucile
- Karen Boettiger
- Fr Christian (Parish Priest)
- Daniel Gooch (Principal)
- Fiona Anderson (Assistant Principal)
- Peter Hazebroek (Assistant Principal)
- TBA (P&F Representative)
Parents and Friends
Next P&F Meeting: TBA
St Damien’s Parents and Friends’ Committee meetings are held monthly in the St Damien’s Catholic Primary School Staffroom.
We welcome all families and community members who wish to come along!
The Parents and Friends’ Association is an integral part of the St Damien’s School community. The role of the St Damien’s Parents and Friends’ Association is to:
- Provide support to the staff, students and families within the school
- Provide social and learning opportunities for school families that contribute positively to the well being of the school community
- Facilitate open communication within the school community
- Through targeted fundraising initiatives, assist the school in providing the best possible educational and social environment for students.
- Communicate and work collaboratively, in the spirit of cooperation and partnership, with the School Principal, Leadership team, Advisory Council and broader Catholic Community.’
Governance & Administration
The St Damien’s Parents & Friends Committee is governed by the Terms of Reference which was incorporated by the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia (CEWA), effective January 2023. Information regarding the Terms of Reference, and operational guidelines for our Parents & Friends Committee can be viewed here.
The St Damien’s Parents & Friends Committee prides itself on our fundraising activities. Whilst we play an important role in the life of our school community by promoting the Catholic spirit through all our activities and by raising funds to allow the acquisition of additional school resources and equipment, we also strive to create happy primary school memories for our students.
St Damien’s Parish of Dawesville
Parish Priest: Fr Christian
- Parish Mass times – Week Days
Wednesday 5pm weekly
Thursday 5pm weekly
Friday 12pm weekly
- Parish Mass Times – Weekend
Saturday 6pm weekly
Sunday 8:30am weekly
Fr Christian (Phone/Fax: 9582 3860) or Parish Office on 9582 1114
9.30am – 12.00pm (Monday to Friday)
Website: St Damiens Parish
Out of School Care
Fun-A-Rama St Damien’s
FUN-A-RAMA is a privately operated Out of School Hours Care centre located at St Damien’s Catholic Primary School every morning/afternoon and during the holidays.